Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Blah Blah Blog

Why blog?

Because mainstream media is a sham. 

That's right. It's a cover up. And you're not supposed to know about it. 

Stay tuned for details after this short word from our sponsors.

In this little cyberforum, I can talk with you and you can talk with me and we can share ideas and use our authentic voices. Does it matter that I don't use my name? Not really. Because there are armies of media out there who use their names to feed you stories and you, dear reader, have no way of knowing their motivation, their minds, their true intents of telling you that story. You and I can have a conversation. I start by posting an idea -- something that interests me. Does it interest you? Great. Let's talk. If not, I don't have you by the twig and berries to join in. It's your choice. Or better yet, you start your own conversation if you haven't already (hat tip to Derek for posting on the social surplus).

I do subscribe to a Globe and Mail feed and I listen to the vacuous news report that strings together the ads on the radio's morning program (I'm outnumbered on the drive into the city). The only other news I follow comes from industry-related blogs. Maybe I just don't care enough to pay more attention to news of the latest traffic fatality or who's getting botox treatments. Or maybe the time is right for citizen journalism to fill the gaping void in news sharing. 

What do you think?

1 comment:

Nancy B said...

More from the NB CMS.

I saw a presentation on citizen journalism at the gov communicators conference. The presenter showed this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58iZpMRclwI